- Retains files of correspondence he/she generates while in office, and passes these on to his/her successor.
- Receives predecessor's files, passes these to the Chapter Archives upon leaving office.
- Retains files of correspondence he/she generates while in office (to be held through term as president also - see below).
- Maintains Archival set of the previous three years of The Medium; Before assuming the Presidency, passes the first of these three years' issues to the Chapter Archives, and passes the remaining issues (including the issues published during his/her tenure) to his/her successor.
- Sends two copies of each issue of The Medium to Chapter Archivist for forwarding to ARLIS/NA.
- Retains files of correspondence he/she generates while Vice-President and President; passes these on to his/her successor.
- Receives predecessor's files; and passes these to the Chapter Archives when leaving office.
In addition, it is recommended that each officer retain, update, and pass to his/her successor, a copy of the following file folders:
- Tax-Exempt files (information concerning the Chapter's tax status)
- Bylaws (copies of current and past versions of Chapter bylaws)
- Lists/History files (lists of past officers, past annual meeting dates
and locations, editorial history of The Medium)
In addition, the Chapter Archives are to include the following items:
- Complete run of The Medium.
- Complete set of minutes of the annual meetings of the Texas Chapter.
- Complete set of annual reports of the Texas Chapter.
- Complete set of bylaws of the Texas Chapter.
Last Update March 1999
P.S. The Procedures will be revised at the Chapter's Annual Meeting in October 1999
Archives Storage and Access Guidelines
- The boxes will be stored on a shelf in a locked room of the Archival Storage Facility at 800 Rosine, Houston, TX 77019.
- The building has climate and pest control.
- The materials will not be processed or indexed by MFA,H staff.
- The Museum staff will not assume responsibility for accidental damage or loss of any materials.
- Current ARLIS/Texas Officers will be granted automatic access (A current list of officers should be provided to the MFA,H each year).
- To obtain physical access to stored files, the requestor must have a letter of approval from a current officer of ARLIS/TX and make an appointment with the Archivist for a viewing time (A phone call may substitute for a letter). One working day advance notification is required.
- Access must be to the full box. Portions of the files will not be pulled.
- The current Archives policies and procedures of the MFA, H should be followed.
- Telephone reference questions will not be answered in relation to the materials.
Transfer of Records:
- Materials should be sent to the Archives annually in the Spring.
- Transfers should not exceed one linear foot per annum.
- Archives must be notified two weeks prior to shipment.
- Documents must arrive in labeled gray Hollinger cases.
Review of Procedures:
- The arrangement for storage and access should be reviewed in 2001 at the Annual Chapter Meeting.
- The Chapter Archives Procedures will be reviewed accordingly